WELCOME TO THE ST.LAURENCE O'TOOLE PIPE BAND
Founded in 1910 at 100 Seville Place in the heart
of inner city Dublin, and currently based in the outer suburb of
Our membership includes players from Ireland, Scotland, England,
Canada and South Africa.
The band features regularly in the Grade One top six prize list at
the major pipe band championships including the European, British,
Scottish, Cowal and World Championships.
Please support the band by purchasing an item from our Merchandise page or by donation as
a Friend of the Band,
Our latest album - EVOLUTION - recorded live at the Glasgow Royal
Concert Hall on August 11th 2010, is available on CD & DVD
from our merchandise page.
View the promotional video on Youtube.
How it all began......
In 1910 a meeting was organised by the St. Laurence O'Toole Gaelic
Athletic Association Club in the CBS school,Seville Place,Dublin.
The main mover in forming the band was Frank Cahill .
Frank was for many years an Alderman of Dublin Corporation,and
later a member of the new Irish Parliament (Dáil
Amongst those present at the first meeting of the band were
Pádraig Pearse,Thomas Clarke,Sean McDermott,Arthur
Griffith,Douglas Hyde (later to become the first President of
and the famous Irish playwright Seán O'Casey.
The first President of the band was Thomas Clarke.........the
first Secretary, Seán O'Casey.
Casey acted in many plays staged by the St.Laurence O'Toole
Dramatic Society to raise money for the band .
Michael Colgan (later a Senator) was the first Pipe Major.
Click here to read on.......